We know you have been trying to lose weight for a while now. Even when you manage to lose weight, you tend to add the kilos or the pounds back and even more than what you lost in the first place.
You may have been going to the gym, running, doing a lot of exercise. You even bought those slim or detox teas, slimming pills, a waist trainer, some oil that you are supposed to rub on your belly that would make the fat disappear. You have tried all the excessive diets in the world but nothing worked. The truth is that weight is about numbers. If you consume more calories than you burn daily, your body stores it as fat. However if you consume less than you burn, your body breaks down the already stored fat to help meet up with what you burned. If you do this consistently, and your body keeps breaking down the already stored fat, no matter how small, you would end up losing weight.
With this illustration, it is obvious that food is the most important factor when it comes to weight loss. Exercise helps also, to burn extra calories and keep the body strong, but however, if you exercise without changing how much you eat, the exercise would be in vain.
Here are some effective techniques that would help you lose weight:
- You can eat whatever food you like but reduce the portions by using a smaller plate to eat. Do not eat till you are full or till your stomach starts hurting.
- Measure the amount of food you eat with either measuring cups or spoons so as not to over eat because you measured it with your eyes.
- Drink a lot of water before eating or when you think you are hungry. It would help send a message to your brain that you are full faster than when you are just eating alone.
- Most times, you are not hungry, just bored. So try to keep yourself busy or sleep. You cannot consume calories when you sleep.
- Do not forget that even healthy foods should be eaten in appropriate proportions because you can add weight by overeating healthy foods.
- Snack on vegetables or fruits when you decide to have a snack instead of junk food.
- Add physical activity, at least 2.5 hours in a week to your diet. Brisk walk when you have the chance to.
- Have an accountability partner or a support group with your friends, family or even people you do not know but have the same goals.
- Have a proper mindset and set attainable weight loss goals. Remember, it took a long time for you to add weight, do not expect it to disappear in 5 days.
- BE CONSISTENT. This is the most important point. Do not start today and stop in 2 weeks so you don’t lose the progress you have achieved.
Remember, whatever you want to be, start now! Don’t wait for a Monday or a new month or a new year, start now!