Did you know that repeated heavy lifting or a sudden awkward movement can strain back muscles and spinal ligaments? If a person is in poor physical condition, constant strain on the back can cause painful muscle spasms. Other symptoms include;
- Muscle ache
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that radiates down your leg
- Pain that worsens when you bend, lift anything, stand or walk
- Pain that improves with reclining
- Exercise: Regular low-impact aerobic activities that don’t strain or jolt your back — can increase strength and endurance in your back and allow muscles to function better. Walking and swimming are good exercise choices.
- Build muscle strength and flexibility: Abdominal and back muscle exercises, which strengthens your core and helps to condition your muscles so that they work together like a natural corset for your back. Flexibility in hips and upper legs aligns pelvic bones to improve how your back feels.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight strains back muscles. If you’re overweight, trimming down can prevent back pain.
Did You Know?
About 80% of adults experience lower back pain at some point in their life. It is also a leading contributor to missed workdays. To educate our clients about How To Prevent & Relieve Lower Back Pain, we hosted a Health Talk on Wednesday August 07, 2019.
Health talks like this are one of the many benefits our clients enjoy. Do you want to keep your employees productive, reduce sick leave and absenteeism? ⠀
With Health Connect 24×7
Your employees will no longer need to leave early or take the day off to see a doctor. We are available 24×7, at the click of a button. Your employees can talk to our doctors and wellness experts from anywhere in the world, whether they are at home, at the office, on a business trip or on vacation.
Our doctors practice Evidence Based Medicine based on NHS International Guidelines and will give your employees honest, relevant and reliable medical advice and support. For Employers, this unique health and wellness benefit increases overall productivity.
Want To Know More
Click here to request for a demonstration of our innovative and one of a kind Healthcare solution.
You can also download our mobile application here to get direct 24/7 access to our doctors through voice and video calls.
- How Telemedicine Helps in Sexual and Reproductive Health - November 29, 2021
- How Telemedicine Helps in Expanding Young People’s Access to Healthcare - November 5, 2021
- How to Stop Snoring - October 22, 2021